No products in the cart.
XTREME Tree Carver Wood Sealer – 1 gallon
5.001 out of 5
Clear – 1 gallon – $149.95
Tints available by special order
XTREME Tree Carver Wood Sealer & Stabilizer
Seal It Green XTREME Tree Carver Wood Sealer & Stabilizer will migrate deep into the wood assisting with drying while stabilizing and greatly minimizing cracking. It is recommended to recoat at least once a year for the first couple of years as it has a building effect that is beneficial to keeping the wood stable and controlling water ingress and egress in liquid or vapor phase. Applying Seal It Green XTREME Tree Carver Wood Sealer & Stabilizer early on will keep your project stable by ensuring less checking, cracking, splitting, cupping and warping allowing it to maintain its beautiful, natural appearance with very little maintenance.
No special tools are needed for application. Here are some suggestions from your fellow carvers that have proven effective:
- Spray bottles-spray as you carve then apply final coat.
- Dip-you can also set your project in a shallow container with Seal It Green XTREME Tree Carver Wood Sealer & Stabilizer to allow it to wick up the core.
- Sponges, sponge mops, etc.- You can use almost anything to apply. You can go a year or more without cleaning your applicator as long as it’s stored out of direct sunlight.
- All have recommended covering the project every night with a tarp.
Instructions for Application:
- Apply sealant with a sponge brush or microfiber pad or garden hose sprayer.
- Apply two thin coats. Let first coat dry then apply second coat.
- Sealer will take 1-3 days to dry depending on the weather.
- Clean Up: Use hot soapy water to clean up brushes or messes.
Other products you may be interested in:
Black Lava, Cedar, Chestnut, Clear, Fruitwood, Gunstock, Ipswich, Puritan, Redwood, Riverwood, Sierra, Stone, Walnut